The Transportation Manager leads the daily operations of the commuter train service in accordance with the operating plan, published schedules, safety and service standards, and FRA regulations.
Description of Duties:
- Directs supervisors and staff on operational and administrative activities by identifying and recommending measures to improve processes, performance, safety and training
- Oversees administration of programs, such as, DTO’s Operational Efficiency Testing Program, Critical Incident Stress Plan and other FRA requirements
- Engages in field operations by establishing and maintaining effective communication between Crew Dispatch, Transportation Supervisors, Train Operators and external customers
- Responsible for the development, performance reviews and time and attendance of all direct reports
- Ensures adherence of all company policies, rules and guidelines and standard operating procedures
- Ensures staffing objectives are met for the department with recruitment and retention efforts
- Leads and oversees all safety activities required by the RTDC safety program for the transportation department and ensures compliance of all safety laws, regulations rules and guidelines
- Manages the operational budgets, forecasts, expenses and supplies
- Assumes some of the duties and responsibilities of the Chief Transportation Officer in his/her absence
- Adheres to the contractual obligations governing day-to-day operations
- Completes other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Transportation, Engineering, Business or other related field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in railroad operations and experience working with the FRA required; Commuter rail experience preferred
- 5 or more years of leadership experience working in the transit or railroad industry
- Ability to obtain train certification within 12 months and maintain certification as requirement for the position
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work with a diverse leadership team, staff and the external public
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite and proficiency in software applications used to analyze data and prepare correspondence, reports and presentations
- Must be available 24 hours/7 days a week to respond to emergencies with the ability to work alternate shifts and days as required
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and successfully pass a pre-employment background check, drug and alcohol screening and be willing to comply with the DTO Drug and Alcohol Policy
Please apply at http://denvertransitoperators.com/jobs-and-bids/job-opportunities/.
Applicants who are authorized to work in the US will only be considered for this position. DTO is an equal opportunity employer.