FIVE POINTS BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
CLEANING, MAINTENANCE AND LANDSCAPING SERVICES
The Five Points Business Improvement District (FPBID) funded by property owners to enhance the environment of the Welton Commercial Corridor, is issuing a Request for Proposal (RFP) to solicit proposals from qualified firms to perform cleaning, maintenance and landscaping services on the Corridor. Proposals are due by 3:00 p.m. MST Thursday, April 2nd and should be submitted to the FPBID Board in care of the Five Points Historic District, the organization contracted by the FPBID to manage district operations. FPBID will accept proposals based on the scope of services referenced in a proposed “Agreement for Services Between the Five Points Business Improvement District and ___________________________” including any Exhibits and shall begin with a narrative addressing the following items in numerical order:
- Firm name and address
- Contact person including name, E-mail and telephone
- Name of parent company (if applicable)
- Estimated total compensation for services for the full year 2018
- Estimated total compensation for services for the full year 2019
- Submit Filled Out Five Points Business Improvement District RFP Bid Form
- Submit an Exhibit: Special Maintenance and Repair Services
- Submit an Exhibit: List of equipment to be used in the performance of services
The narrative should also address the following:
- Location of office/s
- Name and business relationship of firm’s principal/s
- Audited or Reviewed Financial Statements
- Three business references
- Description of firm’s experience in Denver as well as outside the region
- Brief resume of persons anticipated to be assigned to the project
- Profile of firm’s experience with general and specific public cleaning, maintenance and landscaping services
- Completed “Agreement for Services Between Five Points Business Improvement District and …”
Representatives from the Five Points Business Improvement District Board and the Advisory Council (the Selection Committee) will evaluate each submission pursuant to this Request for Proposal on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated ability of the firm in general and public outdoor space cleaning, maintenance and landscaping services; including coordinating, scheduling, management, monitoring, reporting and attention to detail.
- Ability of the firm to assume contract responsibilities and to perform them in a timely and cost-effective manner, including full operational ability for a potential start of May 7, 2018.
- Background knowledge relating to the scope of work, demonstrated ability and experience of management and employees.
- Demonstrated ability of the firm to coordinate and work closely with public and private entities involved with business and other activities in Five Points.
- Demonstrated ability to be in possession of sufficient office, warehouse, storage space and waste disposal equipment to house personnel, equipment and supplies necessary to fulfill the provisions of this proposal. FPBID property to be stored includes but is not limited to the following: light fixtures, globes, benches, tables, chairs, trash receptacles, planters, spare parts, maps and directories, holiday decorations and lighting, snow removal equipment, bulk materials, banners and dumpsters
- Proximity and affiliation with Five Points will also be evaluated.
- Responsiveness to the RFP, capability of performing all required tasks in a timely, effective, and cost-efficient manner. This includes evaluating any suggested changes to methods of operation or modifications to this RFP which
might allow for cost savings during the term of the Agreement
- Overall cost for the provision of services.
Questions regarding the proposal may be submitted in
writing via e-mail by end of business to TJWinchester@FivePointsBiz.org. The question/s and response/s will be shared with all potential proposers.
Finalists may be invited to interview with the Selection Committee. These interviews are scheduled to be conducted beginning the week of April 16th, 2018[PB1] . Notification of award of contract for Agreement for Services is expected potentially by April 23th, 2018.
Due to the uniqueness of the Welton Commercial Corridor and the high standards of maintenance expected, it is strongly recommended that all Proposers visit the corridor prior to submitting a proposal. A “Pre-Bid” meeting will be held on March 22nd beginning at 10:00 a.m. in the office of the FPBID, 2444 Washington St. Denver, Colorado. The meeting will include a brief walk on the Welton Commercial Corridor. The Executive Director will conduct this meeting and will be available to answer questions.
Should a proposer find a discrepancy in or an omission from this RFP or should be in doubt as to the meaning therein the Proposer shall at once notify in writing the FPBID, who will send written instructions to all who received the RFP. Any such notice from a potential proposer must be received by the FPBID by March 29th. The FPBID will not be responsible for any oral instructions.
Please be advised that the Board of the Five Points Business Improvement District reserves the right to reject any and all proposals.
Proposal should be sent to: Five Points Business Improvement District Board
Attn: Tracy J. Winchester, Executive Director
2444 Washington Street
Denver, CO 80205
Proposals must be received by the office of the Five Points Business Improvement District at the above address no later than 3:00 p.m. MST on April 2nd, 2018.
Thank you for your interest in ensuring that the Welton Commercial Corridor continues to be a clean, safe, and vibrant community asset.
March 8th RFP goes out
March 22nd Pre-Bid Meeting
April 2nd RFPs are due
April 16th Interviews with finalists
April 23rd Notice of Contract Award
May 7th Contract begins